Friday, September 17, 2010

Sweet Dreams

So last night I had a dream that I was being persecuted the way Jesus was when he was arrested.  Punched in the face.  Beaten.  Spit upon.  Rejected.  In my dream, the persecutors where people I knew and some of which I had close relationships with in the past.  And that made it all the more hurtful.
I awoke to my wife touching my arm.  I don't know, but maybe I was tossing and turning and she needed to wake me.  So what does this mean.  I'm not a dream interpreter but I am getting a reaction from this one for sure.  I believe we should never be ashamed of the gospel.  Of the good news of Jesus Christ.  As  christians we should be ready to share at a moments notice and never avoid a conversation that God could use to bring someone to know Him.  You see, in my dream I was bold.  Radical.  Not one of those that stands on the street corner with a megaphone, but one that would speak of Jesus in everyday conversation. I was so on fire for the Lord in such a soft, outspoken way that it got people interested in the Lord.  It also had folks angry.

So, what did Jesus do for me today?
Through my dream last night, He showed me I need not be afraid of the consequences for standing up for Him.  And that I should never be afraid to share my faith or have a conversation with someone about Him. Especially when prompted by the Holy Spirit.  Jesus help me to not be timid.

For God did not give you a spirit of timidity, but a spirit of power, of love and self-discipline.
2 Timothy 1:7.

Are you holding back today?

No comments:

Post a Comment