Friday, August 13, 2010

A Virtue?

For 24 hours, my wife and I sat in a hospital room for tests.  She's 37 weeks preggers.  The test results would tell us that we could A: go home for bed rest - or B: get induced to have a baby.  The staff at the hospital was awesome!  We enjoyed they're company.  When the 24 hours was up, waiting for the test results was brutal. I could feel an uneasiness in my soul.  Anxiety was brewing.  My patience was ceasing.  Two and a half hours later, the test results were in and we could go home.  Yay!

Someone once said, "Patience is a virtue."  The internet doesn't seem to know if it's a Chinese or an Irish proverb.  In Colossians 3, Paul tells us to clothe ourselves in patience along with compassion, kindness, humility and gentleness.  He goes on to say that over all these 'virtues,' put on love, which binds them all together in perfect unity.

I'll be honest, today I found it hard to stay patient.  I'm sure it came across a bit in my mood. But even through these times we have, Jesus is still with us all the way.

So, what did Jesus do for me today?

He showed me patience.  And, He reminded me how much I need a Savior.  Forgive me Lord.  Renew my soul.

Do you need forgiveness today?  He's a prayer away.

~ T

No comments:

Post a Comment